Exchange PhD Student
Institute of Chemistry for Life and Health Sciences
Laboratory for Inorganic Chemical Biology
+33 1 44 27 56 04
Diana was born in Madrid in 1993. After secondary school, she studied a degree called “Experimental Sciences” at Rey Juan Carlos University (2011-2015). Then, she continued her studies with a Master in Advanced Materials with the speciality of Nanotechnology, at Autónoma University of Madrid (2015-2016). In 2017, she started a PhD under supervision of Professors Santiago Gómez and Sanjiv Prashar, about nanomaterials in medicine
Diana obtained a scholarship for a short research in Chimie ParisTech, to study the phototherapeutic activity of some tin compounds functionalized into silica nanoparticles.
Diana loves sports, specially karate because she practices it since she was a child. Also, she likes to read, take a walk and do “escape rooms”!
1. Synthesis, characterization and application of pure and decorated with palladium mesoporous cobalt hydroxide hexagonal nanorings, Darbandi‡*, E. Narimani, D. Díaz-García, S. Gómez-Ruiz*. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2020, 846, 156422
2. Study of the role of folic acid in the therapeutic action of nanostructured porous silica functionalized with organotin(IV) compounds against different cancer cell lines, Díaz-García‡, K. Montalbán-Hernández, I. Mena-Palomo, P. Achimas-Cadariu, A. Rodríguez-Diéguez, E- López-Collazo, S. Prashar, K. Ovejero-Paredes, M. Filice, E. Fisher-Fodor*, S. Gómez-Ruiz*. Pharmaceutics, 2020, 12, 512.
3. Mesoporous silica nanoparticles functionalized with a dialkoxide diorganotin(IV) compound: In search of more selective systems against cancer cell, Díaz-García‡, L. Sommerova, A. Martisova, H. Skoupilova, S. Prashar, T. Vaculovic, V. Kanicky, I. del Hierro, R. Hrstka*, S. Gómez-Ruiz*. Microporours and Mesoporous Materials, 2020, 300, 110154.
4. Multifunctional Silica-Based Nanoparticles with Controlled Release of Organotin Metallodrug for Targeted Theranosis of Breast Cancer, Ovejero Paredes‡, D. Díaz-García, V. García-Almodóvar, L. Lozano Chamizo, M. Marciello, M. Díaz-Sánchez, S. Prashar, S. Gómez-Ruiz*, M. Filice*. Cancers, 2020, 12, 187.
5. Facile and rapid decoration of graphene oxide with copper double salt, oxides and metallic copper as catalysts in oxidation and coupling reaction, E. Shabestari, O. Martín, D. Díaz-García, S. Gómez-Ruiz*, V. J. Gonzalez, J. Baselga*. Carbon, 2020, 161, 7-16.
6. Copper-functionalized nanostructured silica-based systems: Study of the antimicrobial applications and ROS generation against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, D Díaz-García, P. R. Ardiles, M. Díaz-García, I. Mena-Palomo, I. del Hierro, S. Prashar, A- Rodríguez-Diéguez, P. L. Páez*, S. Gómez-Ruiz*. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 2019, 203, 110912.
7. Nanostructured metal oxides prepared from Schiff base metal complexes: Study of the catalytic activity in selective oxidation and C-C coupling reactions, S.M. Abdel-Fatah, M. Díaz-Sánchez, D. Díaz-García, S. Prashar, L.H. Abdel Rahman*, S. Gómez-Ruiz*, Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials, 2019, 30, 1293–1305.
8. Palladium nanoparticles supported on silica, alumina or titania: greener alternatives for Suzuki–Miyaura and other C–C coupling reactions, Díaz‑Sánchez, D. Díaz‑García, S. Prashar, S. Gómez‑Ruiz*, Environ. Chem. Lett., 2019, 17, 1585–1602.
9. Preparation and study of the antibacterial applications and oxidative stress induction of copper maleamate-functionalized mesoporous silica nanoparticles, Díaz-García, P.R. Ardiles, S. Prashar, A. Rodríguez-Diéguez, P.L. Páez*, S. Gómez-Ruiz*, Pharmaceutics, 2019, 11, 30.
10. Modulation of the mechanism of apoptosis in cancer cell lines by treatment with silica-based nanostructured materials functionalized with different metallodrugs, Díaz-García, D. Cenariu, Y. Pérez, P. Cruz, I. del Hierro, S. Prashar, E. Fischer-Fodor*, S. Gómez-Ruiz*, Dalton Trans., 2018, 47, 12284-12299.
11. Suzuki-Miyaura C-C Coupling Reactions Catalyzed by Supported Pd Nanoparticles for the Preparation of Fluorinated Biphenyl Derivatives, R. S. Erami, D. Díaz-García, S. Prashar, A. Rodríguez-Diéguez, M. Fajardo, M. Amirnasr, S. Gómez-Ruiz*, Catalysts, 2017, 7, 76.