Prof. Pradip Kr. Sukul
Visiting Assitant Professor
Institute of Chemistry for Life and Health Sciences
Laboratory for Inorganic Chemical Biology
+33 1 85 78 41 53
Dr. Sukul is an Assistant Professor (Senior Grade) in the Department of Chemistry, Amity University Kolkata since October 2018. Dr. Sukul received his PhD in Chemistry from the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)/Jadavpur University, India in December 2013 under the supervision of Prof. Sudip Malik, School of Interdisciplinary Sciences, IACS. He did M.Sc. in Chemistry with organic chemistry Specialization from Vidyasagar University, India in July 2008 and his B.Sc. in Chemistry from Mahishadal Raj College (Vidyasagar University), India in 2006. He did his Postdoctoral Research work with Prof. Omar M. Yaghi and Dr. Kentaro Tashiro, Reticular Materials Group, International Centre for Materials and Nanoarchitectonics, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan from February 2014 to December 2015. Before joining at Amity University Kolkata he worked as a DST Inspire Faculty Fellow, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology Patna, India from June, 2016 to October, 2018.
Currently Dr. Sukul is working as SERB (Govt. of India) International Research Fellow in the group of Prof. Gasser.
He likes cooking and travelling during spare time.
2022: SERB International Research Fellowship, Govt. of India
2020: Patent Granted by IPR, Govt. of India
2016: DST INSPIRE Faculty, Govt. of India
2015: Dr. D S Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship, IISC Bangalore, India
2013: MANA International Fellowship, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan
- Pradip K. Sukul, P. Das, G. L. Dhakar, L. Das and S. Malik, Effect of Tricarboxylic Acids on the Formation of Hydrogels with Melem or Melamine: Morphological, Structural and Rheological Investigations, Gels, 2022, 8, 51.
- S. Dey, A. Saha, P. Kumar, C. Kar, S. Chakraborty, Pradip K. Sukul*, Self-assembled nanomaterials of naphthalene monoimide in aqueous medium for multimodal detection of picric acid, Journal of Photochemistry & Photobiology, A: Chemistry, 2022, 423, 113599.
- S. Dey, S. Mahanty, A. Saha, P. Kumar, R. Saha, C. Kar, P. Chaudhuri and Pradip K. Sukul*, Bio-inspired perylene diimide coated super paramagnetic nanoparticles for the effective and efficient removal of lead (II) from aqueous medium, Materials Advances, 2020, 1, 1817.
- P. Kumar, C. Bora, B. Kumar, Pradip K. Sukul and S. Das, Synthesis and characterization of 5-nitroso-6-amino-uracil functionalized reduced graphene oxide for the detection of chromium ion in aqueous medium, Synthetic Metals, 2020, 264, 116381.
- S. Dey and Pradip K. Sukul*, “Selective Detection of Pyrophosphate Anions in Aqueous Medium Using Aggregation of Perylene Diimide as a Fluorescent Probe”, ACS OMEGA, 2019, 14, 4, 16191-16200.
- S. Das, R. Banik, B. Kumar, S. Roy, Noorussabah, K. Amhad and Pradip K. Sukul*, “A Green Approach for Organic Transformations Using Microwave Reactor”, Current Organic Synthesis, 2019, 16, 5, 730-764.
- Pradip K. Sukul and S. Malik, “Co(II) Induced Aggregation of Chiral Perylene Derivatives and Macroscopically Formation of Supramolecular Networks”, Chem. Lett., 2018, 47, 4, 576.
- P. Bose, Pradip K. Sukul, O. M. Yaghi and K. Tashiro, “Synthesis of Water Soluble Metal Organic Complex Array”, J. Vis. Expt., 2016, doi:10.3791/54513.
- K. Bag, Pradip K. Sukul, D. C. Santra, A. Roy and S. Malik, “Proton induced aggregation of water soluble isophthalic acid appended arylene diimides: justification with perylene derivative”, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 34027.
- D. C. Santra, M. K. Bera, Pradip K. Sukul and S. Malik, “Charge-Transfer-Induced Fluorescence Quenching of Anthracene Derivatives and Selective Detection of Picric Acid”, Chem. Eur. J., 2016, 20, 1.
- Pradip K. Sukul, P. Bose, T. Takei, O. M. Yaghi, Y. He, M. Lee and K. Tashiro, “A water-soluble metal–organic complex array as a multinuclear heterometallic peptide amphiphile that shows unconventional anion dependency in its self-assembly”, Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 1579.
- R. S. Jacob, D. Ghosh, P. K. Singh, S. K. Basu, N. N. Jha, S. Das, Pradip K. Sukul, S. Patil, S. Sathaye, A. Kumar, A. Chowdhury, S. Malik, S. Sen and S. K. Maji, “Self Healing Hydrogels Composed of Amyloid Nano Fibrils for Cell Culture and Stem Cell Differentiation”, Biomaterials, 2015, 54, 97.
- Pradip K. Sukul, P. K. Singh, S. K. Maji and Sudip Malik, “Water Soluble Perylene Bisimide and Its Turn Off/On Fluorescence are Used to Detect Cysteine and Homocysteine”, New Journal of Chemistry, 2015, 39, 5084.
- U. Rana, S. Mondal, J. Sannigrahi, Pradip K. Sukul, Md. A. Amin, S. Majumdar and S. Malik, “Aromatic bi-, tri- and tetracarboxylic Acid Doped Polyaniline Nanotubes: Effect on Morphologies and Electrical Transport Properties”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2014, 2, 3382.
- A. Jana, Pradip K. Sukul, S. K. Mandal, S. Konar, S. Ray, K. Das, J. A. Golen, A. L. Rheingold, S. Mondal, T. K. Mondal, A. R. Khuda-Bkhsh and S. K. Kar, “A Novel 2,6-diformyl-4-methyl Phenol Based Chemosensor for Zn(II) Ion by Ratiometric Displacement of Cd(II) Ion and its Application for Cell Imaging on Human Melanoma Cancer Cells”, Analyst, 2014, 139, 495.
- T. Ghosh, J. Adhikary, P. Chakraborty, Pradip K. Sukul, M. S. Jana, T. K. Mondal, E. Zangrando and D. Das, “Radical Pathway in Catecholase Activity with Nickel (II) Complexes of Phenol Based “end-off” Compartmental Ligands”, Dalton Trans., 2014, 43, 841.
- Pradip K. Sukul, Ayan Dutta and S. Malik, “Light Harvesting and Amplification of Emission of Donor Perylene and Acceptor Perylene Aggregates in Aqueous Medium”, Chem. Eur. J., 2014, 20, 3019.
- A. Jana, Pradip K. Sukul and A. Dhara, “Design and Hydrothermal Synthesis of an Unprecedented Luminescent (7,7) Connected Binodal Potassium-Pyrazolate Coordination Framework”, Journal of The Indian Chemical Society, 2014, 91, 1661.
- S. Sengupta, S. Ganguly, A. Goswami, Pradip K. Sukul and R. Mondal, “Identification of a Robust and Reproducible Noncluster-type SBU: Effect of Coexistent Groups on Network Topologies, Helicity and Properties”, CrystEngComm, 2013, 15, 8353.
- C. Chakraborty, Pradip K. Sukul, K. Dana and S. Malik, “Suppression of Keto Defects and Thermal Stabilities of Polyfluorene-Kaolinite Clay Nanocomposites”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2013, 52, 6722.
- Pradip K. Sukul and S. Malik, “Removal of Toxic Dyes from Aqueous Medium Using Adenine Based Bicomponent Hydrogel”, RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 1902.
- Pradip K. Sukul, P. K. Singh, S. K. Maji and S. Malik, “Aggregation Induced Chirality in a Self Assembled Perylene Based Hydrogel: Application of the Intracellular pH Measurement”, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2013, 1, 153. (Front Cover Page).
- D. Asthana, A. Kumar, A. Pathak, Pradip K. Sukul, S. Malik, R. Chatterjee, S. Patnaik, K. Rissanene and P. Mukhopadhyay, “An All-Organic Steroid–D–π-A Modular Design Drives Ferroelectricity in Supramolecular Solids and Nano-Architectures at RT”, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 8928.
- Pradip K. Sukul and S. Malik, “Supramolecular Hydrogels of Adenine: Morphological, Structural and Rheological Investigations”, Soft Matter, 2011, 7, 4234.
- Pradip K. Sukul, D. Asthana, P. Mukhopadhyay, D. Summa, L. Muccioli, C. Zannoni, D. Beljonne, A. E. Rowan and S. Malik, “Assemblies of perylene diimide derivatives with melamine into luminescent hydrogels”, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 11858. (First among top ten most accessed article).